- Rick started his 'sound' career playing drums and has recorded with Sire and BP Puppy records. Switching to guitar in the early 1970s, Rick toured the NY and NJ nightclub circuit with numerous cover bands and eventually played bass guitar in the infamous NYC new wave band "The Papers". When not playing, Rick mixed sound at nightclubs, concerts and worked as a recording studio engineer. Music clients have included; The Allman Brothers Band, Edgar Winter, Kid Creole and the Coconuts, James Cotton, Steve Forbert, NRBQ, Sam Moore (Sam and Dave), Levon Helm and Rick Danko (The Band), Quicksilver, New Riders, Pure Prairie League, Johnny Maestro, Billy C. Wertz, Cindy Lauper, Commander Cody, Dr. John, Jorma Kaukonen (Jefferson Airplane; Hot Tuna), and hundreds of lesser known bands and musicians.
Rick started recording production sound for television and films in 1991 and post-production audio on select projects. TV shows include: Baseball's Golden Age (MSG); Cold Pizza (ESPN); Building Character, Extreme Living (HGTV); Yes in My Backyard, Marion's Triumph, Helen Keller's Spiritual Life and Legacy, Beyond Iconic, Americas Most Scenic Rail Journeys (PBS); My Grandmother's Ravioli (Cooking Channel); American Christmas (CBS special); Joy (ABC Easter Special); LPFM, The Peoples Choice (NBC); New Morning, Amistad Reborn (Odyssey/Hallmark) and Canadian Idol (CBC). Recent films include: Love Sick Love, Red Wagon, Saying Goodbye, Persephone, In My Skin, The Dance, The Tyrant, King Cobra and Mi America.
Currently FOH mixer for Willie Wilson and the Willies "The ultimate Jersey party band & Official "All-Star Band" of 98.7FM ESPN"
| Experience and Qualifications
- - Over 35 years professional audio experience.
- - Extensive knowledge of sound reinforcment, studio, field production, recording formats, mixers, microphones, outboard equipment, SMPTE time codes
- - Highly skilled in analog and digital recording, mixing and editing.
- - Operate efficiently and productively in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- - Fast, accurate and professional.
- - Excellent problem solving & trouble-shooting abilities; Proficient at performing field repairs and maintenance
- - Wireless microphone frequency allocations, antennas, and effectivley hiding body & plant microphones
- - Advanced computer skills; proficient in Pro-Tools, Nuendo, Sonar, Sound Forge & Vegas Pro
- - Establishes good rapport with co-workers to attain a common goal
- - International production experience in Africa, Asia, Central America, South America, Europe and the Middle East.
- - Experienced in working under extreme civil and climatic conditions.
- - Extensive music background; played in many rock n'roll and lounge bands. Recorded with B.T. Puppy and Sire records.
- - Operated and experimented with 4-track project studios and provided sound reinforcement mixing for local and regional bands in the 1970's, before a full time commitment in 1978.
- Infamous Bands:
Brand X The Papers
- Independent Engineer (1991-Present) Production sound mixer, Boom op
- Studio X - Ridgewood, NJ (1984-1991) Chief recording engineer.
- Studio West 55th - New York, NY (1986-1990) Staff recording engineer.
- On The Rox Nightclub - Clarkstown, NY (1983-1985) Sound system engineer.
- The Alamo Nightclub - Nanuet, NY (1980-1983) Sound system engineer.
- Song Shop Recording-New York, NY (1978-1980) Staff recording engineer.
- Factory certified Porsche & Audi automobile technician
- International Kart Federation Go-Kart and SCCA automobile racer
- Winner of many regional and prominent national racing events
- 1972 IKF Canadian Grand National Champion
(click photo to enlarge)